This research is about the art of the biography of Imam Abdul Halim Mahmoud, the former Sheikh of Al-Azhar (1328 – 1397 AH / 1910-1978) “through an analytical and descriptive study of his book” Praise be to God this is my life “, which began to write in November 1975, and includes introduction and five chapters are: “Praise, environment and development, in Al-Azhar, in France, the great experience” It is a distinctive book in personal translation; because it was issued by a preacher Fakih, a working scientist, and Sufi devout, known Bzahdh also known boldly in the right, To the highest religious positions in Egypt and the Islamic world, he became the elder of Al-Azhar since 1973 until his death. The purpose of this biography is that he re-evaluates his life and that he is a story of thought before it is a life story, and we will not clear address this subject through the following axes:
– Definition of the writer and his work, and the characteristics of the stage in which he lived.
– Methodology in the writing of the curriculum vitae, and influenced by Imam Suyooti in (speak the grace of God).
– The image of his elders in Al-Azhar, and his teachers in France.
– Criticism of education systems in Egypt and France.
– Characteristics of his style: Combining the reporting style of the news is the style of Ahmed Amin in his book (my life), and the analytical method, which is the style of Akkad in his book (the life of a pen), his method of narrative, deliberate digression, frequent martyrdom, place, time.
– From the search results: This biography is an educational book that draws the Muslim curriculum of his life, in which the author provides a summary of his experience.
Keywords: biography, Imam Abdul Halim Mahmoud, Methodology, Al-Azhar.